Top 5 Best Russian Or Soviet Vintage Lenses For Mirrorless Cameras like the Sony a7iii or Nikon and Canon models. Most of these lenses have a low price and all or them together can be had for cheaper than many of the new Sigma lenses.
This Russian vintage lens lineup is geared towards the budget level price point. This is just so more people will be able to afford them.
1. Mir 1B 37mm f2.8 in M42 mount. They come with two aperture control rings. One has hard stops and the other is clickless for total control.
2. Helios 44-2 58mm f2 in M42 mount. Usually the first Soviet vintage lens people buy. Sought after for it’s swirly bokeh.
3. Jupiter-37A 135mm f/3.5 in M42 mount. Another of the “Zeiss Sonnar” like 135mm’s from the former USSR.
4. Jupiter-8 50mm f/2 in M39 Mount. A 40.5mm filter size lens manufactured from 1950-1974 in the Soviet Union.
5. MC Kaleinar-5N 100mm f/2.8 in Nikon Mount. It has more of the 3D pop micro contrast that the other lack.
Thanks to Tuber “Vintage Camera Guy” for the great Russian vintage lens list video.
More articles about vintage lenses here.